Monday, March 5, 2012

Sleep or something like it

So, Reef has had a sleep pattern (kind of) of three short naps during the day. One at 10am one at 2pm and his last one around 6pm which would leave him WIRED until 11pm or midnight...my loving "mommy voice" is really taxed by 10pm. I wish I could say I'm lovely and super fun until Reef passes into dreamland but I'M SO NOT and I don't want to lie.

As soon as Reef usually gets into a sleep pattern he changes so I figured I could do the late nights until his sleep developed into something different...hahaha I know, right?!

Okay, after three weeks of this ridiculousness I decided something must be done. On Saturday, since Reef seemed to be feeling WAY better, I skipped his 6pm cat nap. I almost chickened out. He was grouchy...okay he was quite the handful...alright, he was a monsterrrrr from 7pm to 8:40pm...Zach and I kept taking turns on entertaining him (which was more like keeping him from having a mental breakdown) but then magic happened. He took a bath, nursed, and paaaased out. It's a whole new world for me. I didn't have to bounce, rock, dance, or sing...he just concked out.

Even though he still woke up every 3 hours to nurse he didn't wake up until 9am!!

I thought it was a fluke...no way...

But, same thing happened last night AND tonight.

I kind of feel mean though. He's so cranky and tired and just wants his nap but I'm sticking with it and hoping it continues to work and create better napping habits.

I would like to, one day, be able to actually hang out with Zach when he gets home from work at 8pm. Even though Reef is passing out at 9ish I still have to be a 5 second dash away unless he's UP. And our (mine and reef and zachs) living area with our electronics etc are too far from the main house (our wonderful in laws' house) for me to enjoy with my hubby.

If you have any sleep advice for the high needs, cosleeping, reefy I would greatly appreciate it!!

Xo
J

Ps I couldn't help but take this photo of reef passed out the first night.


No comments:

Post a Comment