Friday, April 27, 2012

Elimination Communication

I hate diapers.

Disposables are terrible for mama earth and I'm guilt stricken every time I use them. I use our gDiapers as much as possible but they still need washing and tender lovin care. Plus, I really don't like cleaning the poo out of them. It's not terrible, it's just one more step in my already chaotic day (yep, first world problems here people).

Anyways, I saw two posts from Mommyland411 about EC and totally went google crazy trying to figure out how to do it.

Guys, Elimination Communication makes complete and total sense. Well, at least it does to me. I first had negative thoughts about early potty training but was really misinformed. At the very basics EC trains YOU to learn what your baby's signals are for when they need to pee or doo then you hold them over a toilet, sink, baby potty, grass (I know, I know), etc so they can relieve themselves.

Babies are born not wanting to sit in their own mess and mamas have the intuition of when they need to go.

So, I'm getting back to the intuitive and doing EC with Reef. So far?? It's been GREAT. We've gone the last two days without having to wash 1 gDiaper...not one! Right now Reef pees in the bathroom sink and doos (yes, doos) in the toilet.

When I'm at work my Mother-in-law uses disposables with him BUT she's epic and is going to learn the basics of EC so she can try to do it with him too. I'm very lucky to have family so willing to help raise Reef and so accepting and open to our parenting style.

If you're thinking about trying EC or are curious to learn more I used the info from ECSimplified. Andrea really makes EC easy and doable. Whether you want to do it full time or part time, this site will help you through all the way!

Plus, Reef gets more naked time so he's stoked!

Xo

J

No comments:

Post a Comment