Wednesday, March 23, 2011

145 Days till Reef :: Obsessions::

Since it's Vloggin Vednesday and the topic is "Guiltiest Pleasures" it only seemed right to post about a few of my recent [and not so recent] obsessions.

I'm one of those  people who gets REALLY into things wholeheartedly to the point of where I almost annoy myself but that's when I find I'm having the most fun is when I'm fully committed to my "of the moment" obsession.

Let the obsessions begin:
gDiapers.
The idea of cloth diapers, at first, completely horrified me. My mom explained how she used them with my sister and I. She was graphic in detail (wringing out poo) when describing them and was of a more hardcore mindset that came with being completely broke in the 80's. My best friend also said I would last " three months at most " then get too lazy to keep using them (she, by the way, is obsessed with them now as well). But, then, thanks to Melissa from DearBabyBlog I saw gDiapers and credit my complete and utter obsession to her detailed posts of their family's use of numerous cloth diapers.

I'm obsessed with gDiapers for a few reasons:
* They're affordable & in the long run much cheaper than disposable diapers.
* They're easy- you take a cute colored "diaper" snap in a plastic liner and put in a disposable or reusable cloth insert and BOOM! baby's bum is dry and comfy. When the cloth insert gets soiled you pull it out, stick in a new one, and BOOM! dry baby bum once more.
* They're cute & come in a whole crayola box of colors.


Since I have been unable to keep my heart rate under 140 doing my usual Insanity workouts I have turned to yoga. I first started taking prenatal yoga at the cleanest & perfect local studio, yoga4ewa, but classes are only on Saturday and the instructor is on vacation for a few weeks so I was getting frustrated & I'm not good enough to practice without some sort of guidance. That's when I found yogaglo. It's an online yoga studio that is constantly updated with new yoga & meditation classes.

I'm obsessed with yogaglo because:
* Its totally affordable to even the poorest of college students. The first 15 days are free and then it's only $18/ month for unlimited access to all of their classes.
* They offer classes for everyone, from beginners to the yoga elitist to preggo'd ladies.
* They have classes that range from a quick 5 minute stretch to a 2 hour vinyasa flow- it fits anyone's busy schedule.
* You can practice wherever you get an internet connection- which means as long as I have my laptop and some wifi, I'm in business.

INSANITY
 I first started Insanity in December of 2009 four months after my, then boyfriend now husband, deployed to Iraq. I needed something to take my mind off of deployment but other than taking my best friends daughter to the park and becoming a workaholic I still couldn't stop stressing. I saw a commercial for Insanity at some ungodly hour when I couldn't sleep and bought it the next day.

The first two weeks were brutal, I had been doing nothing but moping and working so I was super out of shape, plus I still had all that lovely weight I had gained in college attached to me. It hurt to get in and out of my car and reach my arms over my head but when I was doing those workouts my entire mind was cleared and all I could focus on was making it through those DVD's and "Digging Deep". Plus, Shaun T is hilarious. 
By  January 2010 I had lost 50 lbs and that college weight I gained was finally gone! I recently just became a Beachbody (the company that made Insanity & P90X)  Coach and will be meeting Shaun T on Sunday (insert giddiness here).

Sooo I'm obsessed with Insanity for a million reasons but the main ones are:
* It's affordable- about $120 + shipping (email me at rockingworkouts@gmail.com so I can help you get started on a fabulous & affordable workout plan).
* I saw results quickly.
* There's ZERO equipment involved, all you need is a pair of workout shoes and a floor.
* I can do it in my living room (super plus, especially when i'm jiggly & sweaty).
* Beachbody Coaches & community are always there with epic amounts of support for the lazy & hard days.
*Shaun T. is absolutely EPIC.

I hope that wasn't an overload of random obsessions :) 
After re-reading this I realized it looks like a HUGE ad...I didn't mean for that to happen...I'm in no way promoting these things for any other reason than the fact that I love them and just had share!
Happy Vednesday


Husband quote of the day:
"What is a caterpillar's worst enemy?"
.....
"A dogerpillar"

4 comments:

  1. JOYce! I love my cloth diapers too, but I like Happy Heinies one size fits all pocket diapers. They are amazing!!! <3
    I loved your post about Insanity too...I've been wanting to try it & well, I've been pregnant and a mommy...
    I hope you follow our blog too...You might wanna check out both Michael and my birth stories...
    I'm so excited for you to be a mama! It's amazing. Pretty much the BEST thing EVER!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kestrel!!!! :)
    I'll have to look up Happy Heinies- I haven't heard of them.
    Insanity is by far one of my favorite things in the world and the first month of DVD's are only half hour workouts but Im sure your time is already crunched as it is. Let me know if you wanna get them :)
    Love love love

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohmygod YES. where did you get that robot??!!!! Good work lady, yo blog is beautiful! Do you have a button for it that I can put on my blog????

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello sweets. I put a button up to grab i'd love it if you put it on yours ;)

    ReplyDelete