Friday, March 25, 2011

The "H" Word

This, my dear friends, this is the "H" word:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
My most favorite food in the entire world..I could eat it, literally, everyday. Hand rolled sushi from Mr. Hayashi himself at You Make The Roll in Kailua Kona on the Big Island. And yes, it has ahi in it...now before some of you get huffy with me- fish in Hawai'i has minuscule amounts of mercury and it is safe to eat raw fish once a week or so...at least that's what the docs here have told me. Plus I have a few friends who ate more than a small share of raw fish here and gave birth to very healthy babies with no complications.

My amazing mama was kind enough to bring it with her through airport security and beyond to make sure I got my much needed fix. Ask any Kona kid who's away from home what they miss and guaranteed its "Hayashi's and Kua Bay".

Thank you Mama

Photobucket
She brought me Hayashis AND Fresh Flowers xo.

Too much sushi induced us into "nap time" mode
Photobucket
Happy Aloha Friday.
xo
J

4 comments:

  1. I pretty much hate you right now. Photos of Hyashi's ARE NOT what I need to be seeing right now..lol. OMG have you tried a roll with teri chicken, watercress, and avo??? ROCKS. MY. SOCKS. PERIOD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm definitely going to have to try that the next time i'm home :)
    I knew posting this would be harsh lol but i just had to because i was so excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sushi looks delish. I ate sushi with all 3 of my pregnancies. I couldn't give it up. The kids are fine.

    ReplyDelete