Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday sunday sunday

Sundays are my absolute favorite day for listening to reggae/ska/punk/rock type music. It all started when I was in the womb and my parents would blast Bob Marley and The Wailers in their little coffee shack in Holualoa- I still have all of their B.Marley records sitting at my friend Mackenzie's house in Connecticut waiting for me to send her money so they can be flown back to Hawai'i by UPS.

I grew up with my parents skanking around the house to artists like B. Marley and Steel Pulse. So, it's what I play when I'm feeling down and need comfort (like today). Sometimes I overdue it and Zach will, oh so kindly, turn off last.fm and rock some Zeppelin or grab his guitar and remind me why I'm obsessed with him.

Anyways, I've spent much of the last few days coughing, barfing, and crying (you know, the usual for a sick preggo). Luckily, today is Sunday and even though I feel like crap my mom is still here making me Shepherds Pie and skanking to the last.fm Sublime radio station and I am reminded that life is good my friends.
The following photo titles [somehow I completely messed up linking the photos] are linked to some rad Sunday-In-The-Follis-Household tun-age.

2 comments:

  1. yayy i loove dirty heads, i heard them only a few months ago but really like their sound. you should listen to Rebelution, they're a reggae band from california, my brother got me into them and I saw them in concert and fell in love. you'd really like them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they play here a lot :) soooo, just another reason for you to come visit lol

    ReplyDelete