Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Mama never told me THAT & 33 Weeks 3 Days

Things my mother, my grandmother, & my best friend never told me about pregnancy:

~ Even though you have endometriosis and are on high dosages of birth control, you can still get pregnant- "hello, my husband, future son, and myself are the .00008% they tell you about in pamphlets at the OBGYN"

~ It gets to a certain point when, yes, you will pee yourself when you laugh, cough, sneeze, talk, move the wrong way...

~ You can be sick for longer than the first trimester. My grandmother had 5 children and was sick all 9 months...she didn't let me in on this fact until I was 6 months preggo and still puking.

~ Your immune system is lower than usual.- I figured this out in the first few months and have spent the rest of my pregnancy taking vitamin c and watching out for sick swimmers on the club I coach...now everyone knows, if you have a cold STAY AWAY FROM COACH JOYCE. (unfortunately sick soldiers go to my husband the medic and now I have something fierce)

~ The Army is amazing when it comes to a Preggo wife- I ended up in the ER due to dehydration from severe morning sickness a few months ago and my husband was gone on training. They had him back on our island and in our house in less than 24 hours.

~ Heartburn is like fire burning in your throat- ALWAYS keep tums next to your bed and in your purse.

~ Not all doctors are nice about weight gain.

~ Braxton Hicks contractions are not always how they say they are in the books. They can be extremely painful throughout your abdomen and back and last for 24 hours plus. AKA you feel like you want to die from FAKE contractions (how uncool).

~ Your boobs will get out of control huge and have a mind of their own.

~ Your skin can get unbelievably sensitive to, well, everything- even the sun. I get sunburned 20x faster since I became pregnant.

~ It's an amazing moment when you realize your lil one is reacting to your voice and your husbands when still in the womb.

Photobucket
33 weeks 3 days and counting

No comments:

Post a Comment