Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Big Debut of Reef Kaikoa Follis

HE'S FINALLY HERE!!!!

excuse my crazy boob and jaba-the-joyce face
The quickie on the birth story (longer version to come once I figure out some balance in my house). 

After all of my complaining I started getting light contractions on August 2nd around 4pm, we thought it was false labor...again...BUT I woke up at about 2am on August 3rd (12 days before my due date) doubled over in pain- oh...so THAT'S what a contraction feels like. I woke Zach up and told him that we needed to leave in an hour for the hospital...he went back to sleep for half a second then realized what I said, got out of bed, took a shower, and started running around getting everything together.

I was checked into Queens Medical Center by 3:45am and had an epidural by 4:45am while I was about 5cm dilated- I know people have strong views on meds vs no meds but oh dear god I LOVED that epidural.
My parents flew in around 7am (thank goodness they only live a few islands away) and by 2:30pm I was 10cm and ready to go...oh wait...that's right, my doctor...she STILL wasn't there. I know they wait until the end to show up but she was seriously pushing it. I told the nurse I NEEDED to push- seriously, if I didn't start pushing it felt like I might die on the inside. 

40 minutes later they told me to "STOP PUSHING, you're doctor is in the parking lot" so I sat there with my son literally about to fully pop out as my doctor waltzed on in...5 minutes later, at 3:22pm & a doctor not even in her scrubs yet,  I had a gooey 6lbs 14oz little baby in my arms.

After a not so ideal pregnancy filled with loads of hurdles I had a smooth sailing labor and am SO thankful for that. Queens Medical Center literally provided the most outstanding care I've ever been witness to and my nurses- FLIPPING AWESOME. Seriously..I kind of want to facebook stalk them and go to the beach sometime, that's how rad they were!

SO..here are some pictures and what I have learned about my son, my husband, myself, and my dogs in the last 8 days.

Zachs Gigantic size has transferred to our little baby robot- Look at those feet!

I've discovered a new level of love for Zach that I can't describe.

I shouldn't try to take photos after not sleeping for two days.

Reef has my nose, zach's lips, my chin, and zach's eyes.

Reef is obsessed with his hands and squeezing fingers.

The last week just leaves my speechless at times.

I've never been so afraid of a car seat.

Zach is a really good dad.

After 3 nights my son finally slept in his bassinet/Arms Reach Co-Sleeper! He also hates being swaddled.

He sleeps just like his dad.

HUGE hands.

Reef is a serious wiggler/snuggler

I've never felt something so loving and perfect.

too hot for clothes.

I had no idea a smile like this could make not only my entire day better but my life better.

Reef has a love/hate relationship with his bouncer. He loves it when he's asleep and hates it when he's awake.

I don't really need anything else in the world.

Despite my largest most natural efforts my son has epic diaper rash on his booty. So, now he naps in a towel while I air out that crazy bottom...Any suggestions for diaper rash cure???
Diesel wants nothing more then to lick every single inch of Reef..I think it's killing him more and more each day. He's also taken a week to calm down and be allowed in our bedroom with baby BUT he's being so gentle and such a good guard dog. He'll ignore all the people in our house take his chew toy and sit outside of our door just waiting/guarding. I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment