Monday, August 15, 2011

Torn, Tired, TMI, & Tentacles

WARNING: DO NOT READ ON IF YOU DONT LIKE TO HAVE TMI RUBBED IN YOUR EYES.
Today my amazing parents left and Zach went back to work. Today has been rough. Today, I'm exhausted. 

For some reason unknown to me Reef decided he wouldn't sleep from 1:30am-4am this morning and that everything I did would make him content and then highly upset. We played this game for two and a half hours. I know, newborns are fussy and unpredictable and yadda yadda yadda but DAMN I'm tired. I barely remember Zach leaving for work, did he kiss me goodbye or was that a dream? Who knows. BUT I'm very blessed. Before they left my mom held and rocked Reef so I could get in a quick nap since he wasn't into napping this morning either.

I'm also unbelievably sore. I, and here comes the TMI, tore in three different places- I tore down (perineum), inside (i have no idea what this is technically called), and I also tore up (labial tear). NOW, I feel slightly cheated and lied to in the fact that I read all the books, took the classes, and talked to my doctor but somehow NO ONE & NO BOOK mentions Labial Tearing- bitches. Even finding credible information on the internet on Labial tears isn't easy. And, since I was so overwhelmed with the birth of my son I didn't really ask my doctor about the tears while she was stitching me up- big mistake on my part.

I can't sit right and I can't stand or walk for anything more than five minutes. It's seriously ridiculous. I also have no idea to what degree I tore either. Ibuprofen and tylenol are my two best friends in the world, I take those suckers every six hours and that relieves some of the pain- thank good god.

Did anyone else have these kinds of tears? I hate to get all "open" with you guys but after giving birth I really have no shame anymore. Sad but true.

And, lastly, here's a photo Zach took of my dad playing with an octopus out at a dive spot called Fire House on the North Shore of Oahu.


No comments:

Post a Comment