Sunday, August 14, 2011

My family rocks (just saying)

Papa Clarke with Reef..this kids got it MADE.

I have absolutely no clue if we would have survived the last 11 days without my parents being here, without my sister living here, and without our best friend Jordan living here and being awesome (like so awesome that he cleans up after my dogs have an accident in the house...yes, he's that kind of amazing friend).

Did anyone else have a straight month of family come visit when they had their baby? I'm a little overwhelmed and a lot excited and then more overwhelmed. My parents leave tomorrow night- seriously people I have no idea what I'm going to do without them cooking every meal, cleaning my house, and doing laundry...not to mention taking my crazy dogs on walks and holding Reef so I can pee and take a shower (you know, the things that I took for granted before I popped my son out) Funny side note: I had to pee so bad and no one was home so I took Reef in there with me and gave him a sorry look and said "hopefully you won't remember this and need to see a therapist when you're older" gotta do what you gotta do right?!

Anywho, my grandmother, aunt, and cousin arrive around 1:30pm today- I haven't seen my Nana since our wedding and my aunt and cousin...hmm it's been a WHILE. After they leave my mother-in-law arrives and once she goes home my other epically fun aunt arrives and half way through her stay my best friend finally gets to fly over!!!!!!

I'm really extremely blessed to have such wonderful friends and family willing to fly all the way to our little island in the pacific just to meet our son and chill out on the beach (btw when can I take my newborn in the ocean?! I think it's 2 months, we'll see what the doc says on Wednesday).

I hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday...the trade winds are a-blowin' today and it feels oh so nice.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment