Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Parenting a High Needs Baby Vol. 6: He's a Maaaniac

Reef is a maniac. A cute, sweet, snuggly...MANIAC.

As this little maniac develops his ability to use language he now screams...for everything...there are lots of happy screams/ grunts. There is a hungry scream, an 'I just want to run in my jeep, woman!' scream, and a definite tired scream. He also has a 'HEY DOGS PLAY WITH ME' scream as well as a chit-chat-chatter-box way of talking to the dogs, it.is.hillarious.

He's already developing such an independent little personality and even though I'm exhausted I wouldn't trade him for the world, or a Broadway career...and for me, that's saying A LOT. (oh wow, yep, I said that.)

One thing with the high needs baby, they will ALWAYS let you know what they want and they refuse to stop until they get it...this is Reef. He will scream his heart out, turn bright red, and tense every single muscle in his tiny body until you put his little butt in that jeep, so help you god.

Sometimes I worry. Sometimes I cry because it takes me longer than I can handle to figure out what he wants. But, most of the time I just smile and sing to him until I finally get it.

So, this house is full of screaming 24/7.

Xo

J


Reef & Zach getting wiiiild:: Reef looking way too old::
Reef and his fatty fingers:: I like to call this Reef's "Who Face"

No comments:

Post a Comment