Friday, September 7, 2012

No Bake Energy Bites for Toddlers. YUMMMM




 
 
These are seriously the easiest healthy snack I've ever made for Reef. Seriously. All you need is one bowl, a handful of ingredients, and BOOM energizing peanut buttery goodness!
 
I adapted this recipe from HERE
 
 
 
 
Ingredients:
 
1/2 Cup Organic Peanut Butter (sometimes I use 1/4 cup peanut butter and 1/4 cup almond butter BUT they are definitely more dry and a little harder to shape when you do it this way)
 
1/3 Cup Organic Honey (of course I ran out of this stuff and used this bear honey my in laws had and it worked great)
 
1/2 Cup Organic Rolled Oats
 
1/2 Cup Organic Brown Rice Cereal (My MIL got this for Reef but I never feed it to him so I tend to use it as a filler in random things)
 
1/4 Cup ground Flax & Chia Seeds
 
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
 
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
 
Directions:
 
Add peanute butter, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon to a large bowl and stir until combined.
 
Dump in the brown rice cereal, rolled outs, and ground flax & chia seeds. Stir and stir until it creates one big ball.
 
Seperate and roll into bite size toddler balls.
 
Place them in a ziploc bag or reusable container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before letting your toddler chomp on them. (this 30 minutes is really important as it will be a little too gooey for a toddler to handle)



 

 
 As you can see Reef kind of loves these things like crazy. I won't lie to you, so do I.

Xo

J

oh and yes, i'm pretending like it hasn't been months since I've blogged.

No comments:

Post a Comment