Sunday, May 22, 2011

BABY LUAU for PO'OKELA!!!

Tonight we took a trip a block down the road for our friends Augie & Jen son's first year birthday party luau-CHEEEHOOOO!!!!!! Making it to the age of 1 is HUGE in Hawaiian culture....HUUUUGE. Back in the days of the ancient Hawaiians, although food and water were quite plentiful, most babies did not make it to 1 year. So, when they did it was a big bash of food, music, hula, and a gooood time! I didn't take my camera (i'm feeling really yuck today) but I snagged some photos with my phone ;) I've said it a million times but I love Hawai'i.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The Photos: Zach with the centerpiece, a photo of Po'okele on fake koa wood with a hollow poi pounder & tea leaf lei
The Ono (delicious) Food! Laulau, rice, kalua pig & cabbage, squid luau, poke, lomilomim salmon, & Potatoe mac salad- heaven, simply heaven
Red Ginger
PO'OKELE!!! with Uncle Matt..poor Pookele was tiiiiired.
Tent
Bird of Paradise flowers

***OMG there was also a HUGE jumpy castle thing in the back for all the lil babes...I wanted to play in it BAD..it had 2 different levels!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment