Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Baby envy...or not

So. For a while I was feeling completely cheated. My son (in all his glorious high needs craziness) cried(s) a lot, needs constant attention, constant stimulation, constant touch, and still has trouble napping without being held or cuddled. I barely get things done now that he's pretty much over being in his sling and ME time doesn't exist. We're attached constantly. Moving around constantly.

BUT

Honestly, how awesome is it that I get to hang out and play 24/7. Christmas Night I finally just LET GO. So maybe things aren't as tidy and maybe my hair is extra oily and,yes, my son is the one screaming bloody murder in the grocery line but i really need this toilet paper im buying...I'm getting precious time with the raddest lil dude ever and that right there is priceless. If it takes me rolling all over the bed with Reef while singing made up songs about his binky to make him giggle and not cry, I'll do it.

It's amazing. No one has ever been able to get me to just play and hang out...Zach was the first person to EVER get me to play video games (I always thought they were a waste of time that could be spent actually doing things)...I have to always be doing something productive. Yet Reef, in his persistent padowan wisdom, kept screaming until I just stopped and played.

Now, I'm happier than I've ever been, I'm living completely in the moment, and I've never felt so alive.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

Xo
J

Ps my lovely in-laws have a hot tub that we utilize daily. Reef is obviously the next MP (yes that stands for Michael Phelps) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment