Wednesday, December 21, 2011

T.M.I

Let's step back to Sunday for a moment...

I was desperate for a shower and reef was covered in puke. My mother-in-law offered to watch him for a bit so I could get a few things done (as of now we're living with my in-laws while renovating a studio type deal). Watch out! I was not going to let this opportunity slip by.

Soooo I figured I would shower Reef with me (I do this way too much when I'm home alone & he's inconsolable) then hand him off to gramma.

I asked if she would come with me and hand him to me once I got in since, let's face it, that's way easier then doing it by myself. I also asked if I could then hand him back to her once he was squeaky clean so I could actually shave my legs.

Now, I didn't realize I hadn't asked her if this would make her uncomfortable until her, Reef, and I were crammed in the bathroom with the shower running as I quickly undressed... The time had passed for me to give her a chance to opt out ot laugh off the awkward so I said nothing, got in, took reef from her, and then proceeded to chitchat with her. It was maybe 3 minutes then i handed the baby back and she left.

While I finished my much needed leg shaving I thought 'hmmmm too much?am I being THAT girl right now??' I totally was. Then I realized 'ohmygod I'm acting like my mom'.....I guess after giving birth in front of an entire class of nurses, my mom, my dad, my husband, my sister, and my aunt I lost all sense of shame. But, even if all of those people hadn't been watching me push Reef out, my college roommate could probably tell you that I would have done it anyways.

Some things never change. I'll always be THAT girl.

Xo
J

No comments:

Post a Comment