Thursday, December 29, 2011

Impossibly Easy Breakfast Bake

I love the fact that I can type "breakfast bake" into google and I get a million delicious recipes.

Below I have Betty's version with how I altered it in capital letters. This is how I tend to cook. Which is why I'm hesitant at sharing recipes...I tend to mix & match and I rarely measure...but...it almost always turns out yummy.

So enjoy my little Fat Kids, enjoy.

Xo
J aka A Total Fat Kid

Ingredients:

2 packages (12 oz each) bulk pork sausage {16oz CANADIAN BACON DICED}
1medium bell pepper, chopped (1 cup){I DIDN'T ADD THIS BECAUSE MY HUSBAND'S A BELL PEPPER HATER}
1medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
{1TBS CRUSHED GARLIC}
3cups frozen hash brown potatoes{I TOTALLY DID 4 CUPS}
2cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
1cup Original Bisquick® mix{I USED A BISCUIT MIX WE HAD IN THE DEEP DARK CAVE OF OUR PANTRY..SAME DIFFERENCE}
2cups milk {2 CUPS HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM...YEP THAT HAPPENED}
1/4teaspoon pepper{1/2tsp PEPPER}
{1TBS CRUSHED ROSEMARY}
4eggs

Step 1:
Heat oven to 400°F. Grease rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches. Cook sausage, bell pepper {GARLIC}and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir together sausage mixture, potatoes and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese in baking dish.

Step 2:
Stir Bisquick mix, milk, pepper {ROSEMARY}and eggs until blended.
{YEA, TOTALLY USED MY HANDS TO MIX IT....WAY EASIER AND FASTER WHEN YOUR BABY IS JUST ABOUT TO HAVE A MELT DOWN}
Pour into baking dish.

Step 3:
Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or just until cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes.
Find the recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment