Friday, April 15, 2011

The adventures of Rascal & Lois

After my last post, I couldn't sleep. One person kept flying through my mind and I had to let you know about him. This, my dear friends, is The Rascal.
Photobucket
This is us singing happy birthday to Zach when he was deployed.
The Rascal (I wish I could tell you his real name because it is seriously the most epic thing you will have ever heard in your life) was the first person I ever cared for when I worked for a company who served those with special needs. I was so nervous stepping into this world I knew nothing about but he gave me such a welcoming hug and we never looked back. We were together 5 and sometimes 7 days a week for 2 1/2 years and laughed so much every day I have some permanent wrinkles that I wear proudly.

The Rascal (which he calls himself "Rascal") renames everyone he meets with a name that truly suits them, mine is Lois but I assure you he knows my birth name as well as everyone else he has renamed...it's just one of his many fabulous signs that he loves you. I have to say the best renaming was my mother, Kathy, who he named Fay...we all call her Fay now and its awesome.

He would also verbally "poke you in the eye" "throw you in the trash" "and bop you on the head with a potatoe"...if you were lucky enough to receive one of these verbally, so help you god, The Rascal loved you... A LOT :)

I have never sang, danced, laughed, blown bubbles, & joked around so much in my life until I met this perfect, perfect person. We had such a flow between us it was nearly effortless in accomplishing our everyday shenanigans.

We stood by each other through so many good and not-so-great times, he was not just someone I worked with/for he was and still is one of my best friends. There is a love that developed between us that I can not describe other than we became family to one another. The Rascal was the first person I told when Zach and I got engaged...I don't think anyone had a more joyous reaction than he did.
Photobucket
The Rascal serenading me...I didn't rest on his shoulder often but my sister was quick enough to capture this moment and I absolutely love it.


I've never met anyone who didn't just love The Rascal. I was so honored to have gotten to work with him for so long...people were constantly asking me if they could "cover" any shifts for me...everyone wanted to experience his radiance and joy, I couldn't blame 'em; his love was infectious :)
Photobucket
Part of our countdown to the end of Zach's deployment. The Rascal was my home front Battle Buddy for the entire year of Zach's deployment.
Photobucket
"Tiger says RAAAAWWWRRRRRR"
The Rascal taught me more about living life than any college classroom had done. It pains me to be far away from him, to not see him daily...He is one of my favorite people on this planet. He has touched so many hearts its astonishing, walking around town with Rascal is like walking around with a celebrity- everyone knows him...he's just that cool.

I seriously wish everyone could meet him, he could teach the world so much about love.

3 comments:

  1. Aw man. He sounds like a great guy. I got slightly teary eyed reading this. DAMN HORMONES!

    ReplyDelete