Wednesday, April 6, 2011

R is for Reef & Robot & Reuse

Photobucket 

I spent today organizing everything we have for Reef into one closet in our bedroom and quickly made this little sign to put on it...I did it a little too fast and cut the picture too small but oh well I ninja-rigged some tape behind it and it's good enough for now [satisfied my need for the moment but I'm sure I'll redo it tomorrow].

We have decided not to go balls out on a nursery A) Because my husband's best friend is moving in in a few weeks and B) We're not quite sure how long we're going to be in this house. So, for now, we're rearranging our room & living room...It's actually less daunting than the idea of an ENTIRE room for Reef...We only moved into our home in June of 2010 and finally finished furnishing it right before Christmas...the idea of a whole other room for lil babes is just too much right now [especially since I did the move alone while Zach was deployed].

We're also really in to using second hand items. Don't get me wrong I enjoy shiny new things but right now it's more economical to reuse and I've noticed it makes people so happy to see that their beloved and well used items are going to another happy lil one. For the baby shower I've asked my best friend to put on the invites that I'd LOVE for people to re-gift items they may have that we need but that they aren't using anymore.

And last but not least, I totally scored a Phil & Ted's double sport stroller in black on craigslist for $160. It needs a little TLC but once I have it shining I'll post some pics- I'm completely obsessed with it. I wanted a new one but they run about $450 a pop and well, hah, I wish I had the extra money for one. So, when I found this used one and I found out that no one had bought it yet I immediately dragged my husband to a pool party the seller was at to pick it up [not like he was tired from working a 13 hour day or anything...].

No comments:

Post a Comment