Saturday, April 23, 2011

Food Family Friends [stomach flu & Preeclampsia]

Ahhhhh, what can I say...my dad was here, jordan moved in, i got the stomach flu, & my doctor is worried and having me restrict my diet and what not because I am lucky enough to have some of the symptoms of preeclampsia- awesome, just awesome. Anywho...I have crawled out from under my rock of fun & doom and promise not to disappear for so long again. xo

My dad came to visit last weekend and let me tell you, that man is ALL about Sunday Brunch & well, SO AM I.
Photobucket
Smorgasbord of deliciousnessssss.
Photobucket
Jordan just got home from 11 months of Army training....needless to say he appreciated the food goodness.
Photobucket
Soooo yummm.
Photobucket
Fruit Salad, Coffee, Portuguese Sausage, Maple Bacon, Scrambled eggs (yes we put ketchup on them in hawaii), home made hashbrowns and bear claws. DEATH BY DELICIOUSNESS.
After we all recovered from breakfast we went over to Hawaii Kai to cheer my Uncle Ray (aka Unks) on at the end of his 39 mile one man canoe race from Molokai to Oahu. CHEEEHOOOO!
[Zach took all of the photos of unks because well, the zoom lens & I are working on our relationship]

Photobucket
Photobucket
I absolutely love this photo and am SO proud of Unks!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Brotherly love
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is my absolute favorite...lil bro showering off big bro after the race. To me they are 12 again & I just looove it.
Photobucket

Clearly the next obvious step of our day was to eat....again
Thank God for Kona Brewing Company..aka The Brew Pub
& thank holy heavens that there's one on oahu too!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Greek Salad & Mushroom Pizza.
Photobucket
Clearly it was just awful....
Since we were on the southern tip of the island that we rarely get to we decided to stop off at some scenic points and take a dip (pregnant Joyce was WAY hot) & attempted Sandy's Beach Park but the shore break was HUGE & not a safe place for preggos...but omg had I not been pregnant it would have been on! So we ended up at the blow hole beach which is still one of my favorites :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
my face is getting large guys....seriously....LARGE
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We were highly upset because The Blow Hole was divable (this happens maybe 3 times a year) and we had ZERO scuba equipment with us....I mean come one, seriously universe?! Not cool.
Last but not least (i know, super long post....bear with me) we hopped over to Uncle Rays to get some grinds and help him cut up some fish....well my dad did it all because he's awesome like that and I have no idea how.
Photobucket
Haaaaaawaiian. We lived off of fish that my dad would spear when I was young and I'll never forget my sister chasing me around our yard with the eye balls and my dad just cleaning fish and laughing.
Photobucket
Pau (done). All clean.
Photobucket
Pua. Zach. Unks. Aunty Deb. I love this photo to death.
Photobucket
I have maybe 2 photos of my grandmother. Some days she knows who I am and others she has no clue. She's one of the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, she's aged with such grace.
Photobucket
The Clarkes!

4 comments:

  1. i'm so happy your dad came to visit you! that's really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. god damn thats a lot of delicious food and beautiful Hawaiian weather.. I miss and love you so much my fat and I appreciate all your photos of the homeland :) :)

    kisses from Fwance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um. Can you adopt me in your family!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWWWWW. DUDE I NEED TO COME HOME. NOW

    ReplyDelete