Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Back to my roots.

It's amazing how a package from my mom can completely lift my spirits and get my back to my self. You know, that rad person who's lurking somewhere deep down under all that new mom craziness. Ah, yes, that girl.

I used to be much more proactive about organic products and being an ecominded-earth-lovin-justice-fighting-nothippy-chick. Alas, organic anything is expensive. Which is total crap but I must choose my battles. So I swapped products here and there and when I got pregnant we were broke and I was sick alllll the time. So, I got lazy and let that super rad chick drift away and get lost. Well, my mom helped me find her again.

She sent me a glorious array of all natural body products that literally smell like fresh lilikoi!! They're made locally on The Big Island of Hawai'i and are all natural. She also sent me kukui nut oil candles that smell like lemon grass and passion fruit, incense that doesn't smell disgusting (I'm not a fan of most incense but I LOVE the good stuff), Kona coffee, Pure extra virgin organic coconut oil for Reef's bum, Freedom Dolls from South Africa made by strong women who have AIDS, and a card one of my old clients made me!

So I did what rad Joyce would do. I cranked up some Donavan Frankenreiter, burned some incense, made more coffee, danced around with Reef until we were sweaty, and then took a luxurious shower while reefy sat and played in his toddler tub in the shower with me. I FELT SO MUCH BETTER. It was awesome and Reef was all smiles.

Happy mommy, happy baby. Happy baby, happy mommy.

After losing myself for over a year I'm finally regaining my sanity and sense of self. Anyone else feel like this or have something similar happen in their life? Do you have any epic pick me ups?

Xo
J

No comments:

Post a Comment