Monday, January 23, 2012

work work work

Yep, I've been working the past few days.

I know, right?! I do work sometimes.

Go Here
I'm actually the main administrator for Kona Dolphin Swim Club. I've been slacking on the website design lately (apparently I was supposed to make some HUGE changes in September) so the website has been looking pretty rinkydink. So, I put on my big girl pants and transferred everything to the new system our host, Team Unify is using.

It's MUCH easier to use now. At least I hope it is. Many of the parents on the swim club aren't internet savvy so I get A LOT of emails on how to "sign up for a swim meet" "how to log in" etc.

But, to take the team one step further (which, dear god, i've been trying to do for a good nine months now but just haven't had the actual time to) I set up a blog, facebook, and twitter account. I did this without consulting the head coach (who will probably want to kill me soon but thats okay) but it was the owner's decision afterall.

I really think this is the BEST way to get the kids involved and to grab their attention. What do you guys think? I feel so old. I'm still trying to figure twitter out.

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! Go check out the site (dont expect epicness because its more of a professional practical use for parents and coaches) and let me know what you think. I'm still trying to fix some things. Like...Why the hell wont the slideshow play for anyone who views the site not just those of us who are logged in?!

Xo,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment