Thursday, January 26, 2012

Working out: The Road To Nationals!!!

So, I've decided, I'm going to Nationals. Well, let me specify. I'm going to Qualify for Nationals this year. I don't have the money to go and compete and that's okay with me (not really, but whatever). Looking at the qualification times, I know I can get my ass in gear to swim them.

I NEED this. BAD.

I haven't done the Asylum since Saturday. Bleh, I know. I'm completely unmotivated to do it. I do love Shaun T with a fiery passion but it's just not enough to make me get up and sweat my ass off. It's just not. Especially since Reef is so needy. It seems that we have two very level balanced days and five extremely needy days where I barely get by, by the seat of my pants (mind you these pants are always dirty pajamas).

With that all being said, I'm going to focus on swimming and here's why, yep...I'm going to explain why...

1) I love swimming and it's a huge part of who I am. I don't feel like I'm ME without being on a team and going to workout everyday.

2) There's FREE childcare for Reef while I swim and the girls who work there are freaking AMAZING. I kid you not this super sweet girl held Reef, played with him, and rocked him to sleep! Can she just come live with us already? Too weird to say that? Ugh, OKAY.

3) Racing makes me feel ALIVE.

4) When I turn 25 (because, apparently, you HAVE to be 25 to compete in FINA Masters) I can will qualify for the FINA World Masters Championships and represent the USA on the international spectrum in a crazy awesome country.

This year FINA World Masters Champs are being held here in Riccione, Italy.


So...here I am. Making goals and getting passionate. It's awesome and I love it.
What makes you feel alive? What makes you feel like you?
Xo
J

No comments:

Post a Comment