Saturday, January 7, 2012

I'm not competitive, I just don't like to lose.

It has been FIVE years since I competed in a swim meet. Today I raced my ass off. And, guess what, I didn't come in last... I know right?!

As I like to tell Zach, "im not competitive, I just dont like to lose"... Yeaaaa, I REALLY dont like losing or being bad at something. One of the biggest fights I ever got in with Zach was playing Scrabble online when he was deployed...apparently I got TOO into it. Oh well. I play nice with others but when it comes to swimming... I cant stand to get slow times. Well, I got slow times but not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I'm really fired up to get fast again. I've really missed swimming and racing. Especially open water races- those are super fun! They race in lakes here...gah....im such a water snob..Hawaii has ruined me. BUT I think I can handle the lake races, as long as I have wetsuit (yay for having a husband who works at a scuba shop that sells those!).

Oh, and if you dont think I'm a nut already...when I race, I cuss out my competition in my head...yep. It's what works for me. Then when we get out I always talk to those sweet girls I just raced and we laugh etc. I think I better stop this post as im sounding crazier by the second.

Reef did great in the bleachers with my mother-in-law. I didnt think to bring bottles so it was a lot of nurse-race-cool down-race-nurse-pour gatorade down my throat- race-nurse-race-race-cool down-go home.

I hope you had an epic Saturday. Does anyone else have crazy weird competitive tactics? Please, tell me you do so I dont feel so insane :)

Xo
J



No comments:

Post a Comment