Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hello ol' friend!!!!

I'm soooo stoked. Zach's friend, and Iraq Battle Buddy, Chris is visiting us or a few days. I really enjoy hanging out with old friends. Chris and his wife Emily (who couldn't come with him, lame) were staying with us when I found out I was preggo! These two really mean a lot to us.

The day Zach deployed Chris walked me back to my car while I cried like a crazy person and he promised me he would take care of Zach. I. Will. Never. Forget. That. Emily and I became a support for each other even though we lived super far away. She was the only military spouse friend I had and, at the time, the only one who fully understood just how difficult this whole deployment thing was. So, needless to say I loooove seeing them when we get the chance!

I think I overwhelmed Zach and Chris with my excitement but...I mean...I have no friends here (well, we have friends but...you know they're really more Zach's friends and are babyless... I dont know how to say this and not sound bitchy...they're amazing and fun but im not quite in tne total comfort zone with them yet) and if it wasn't for face time and Skype I would rarely talk to my friends and family. Soooo it's been really fun spending time with a friend who "gets it"..like...I have two sinks full of dishes, my floors are dirty, I'm up to my eyeballs in laundry, and was wearing sweat pants and a gross t-shirt that reef puked on when he got here...but he could care less and honestly so could I, there's no pretense or impressing needed here and I love that about good ol friends!

Here's to good times with good friends!
Xo
J

What else do two geeky battle buddies do when they re-unite?! Build computers and play Star Wars The Old Republic of course!!

No comments:

Post a Comment