Sunday, January 1, 2012

Getting Insane with Shaun T

It's no secret I'm obsessed with Insanity by Shaun T. I love it. A lot. The first time I did Insanity I lost 50lbs in only 4 months. So awesome. I should probably add in the fact that I was a healthy eating vegan, working four jobs, and Zach was in Iraq so I was stressin off some weight as well. This was me after college and before Shaun T: I weighed 182lbs. Blah.

This was after four months of Shaun T's Insanity: I weighed 132lbs
I've always struggled with weight and body image. I was a competitive swimmer growing up and by the time I was fourteen I was a lean mean swimming machine BUT I thought I was fat...I disgust myself now, I can't believe I thought that. I always had super skinny gorgeous to die for friends so, throughout high school I still felt fat but was no where near it.

I became a vegan at age 15 and lost A LOT of weight. People started getting all on my case about being anorexic or some crazy shit. Nope. Just swam 4 hours a day and didn't eat crap. That'll shed the pounds.

Then, I went to college and didn't have the means to be a healthy vegan. So, I ate vegan crap and lots of Pasta. I came home from college much larger than when I left but it never really got me down. As you can see from the photos I still got my brown on in a bikini often (sorry you had to see that).

Then, I met Zach. He loved me when I was fat. Yay. But, I wanted to be healthy and fit again. He was working out all the time in Iraq so I decided to work out at home. I bought Insanity and melted that fat away. Not to say it was easy because it hurt to get in and out of my car that first week.

Then, we got engaged and I was SUPER motivated to lose weight.

Then, I got pregnant. Stopped being a vegan and ate what I craved. I did what I felt was best for the little guy growing inside of me but I forgot how fattening cheese is and bacon.

So. Here I am. 180 pounds again.

I'm excited to announce that I have ordered Shaun T's The Asylum, for those crazy kids who finished Insanity and loved it Shaun brings it even harder in these DVDs. It should be here Friday and I CANT WAIT. I seriously get really into it and talk/swear at my tv. It's awesome.

I've also started swimming at 5am with a Masters Club (aka people who want to get a good workout in and compete but are over 18).

I'm also eating healthy and clean. No more processed foods and crap. No sugar. No dairy. No fat. I wanted to go back to veganism but am waiting to be done breast feeding Reefy.

Any new life changing workouts or diets youre doing? I would love to know about it. Lets support each other!

Xo

J

No comments:

Post a Comment